Thursday, October 3, 2013

What is Love?... Baby Don't Hurt Me...

I work at a billion dollar business.
We serve over 66 million people daily.

I work at McDonald's.
I see some of the best, and some of the worst customers.

This past week, I saw my ex-girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, who's now her best friend, come through the drive-thru.


Sounds confusing? Well, that's why she's my ex.
When we first started dating I thought it was the best relationship I could ever be a part of.

I thought I was in love.

Everything started to fall apart about two months into the relationship. Not that long right? But, the falling part lasted for another five months.

I struggled to stay with her. Everyday I would beg for her to stay with me. I wanted her love. I felt I needed her love. In reality, I was in a never-ending cycle that I knew I had to get out of.

It came down to the heart-breaking words: "I don't love you anymore, I don't like you anymore."

It should have never come down to that. No human being deserves to hear that. No matter how much they have hurt you, or caused damage to you.

By the grace of God, I got out of the relationship.

Looking back, I'm not proud for the hurt I caused her, because it always isn't one-sided, I did cause her some hurt.

We used each other. In the end, it wasn't love. It was possessive.

Unfortunately, I see many relationship's these days very possessive.
Both parties are using each other for sex, money, power, pleasure, etc.

What ever happened to the true meaning of love?

Love yourself. Don't change because someone doesn't like the way you dress, or the way your hair is when you leave the door. Be yourself. And love yourself.

The true meaning of love... is to love ourselves, the way God loves us.

Want proof?
   John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

 First, we learn to love ourselves, then, we can love others... THE RIGHT WAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment