Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat!


This past week I failed my Communications Research quiz.

I struggled with accepting the fact that I ACTUALLY failed that quiz.
I felt I studied hard. I felt that I aced that quiz when walking out that classroom.

The reality was... I didn't put enough hard work into that quiz.

I overlooked it.

I used the excuse that I had two other projects that were due that same week.

I could've studied over the weekend. Instead of playing Grand Theft Auto IV (yes, even a devout, practicing Catholic plays that stupid game), I should've studied.

But, I didn't.

I finally "studied" two hours before the quiz. And by the way, this shouldn't have been named a "quiz." It really should've been named a midterm. There were about 50 terms and concepts on the study guide. And we had to memorize and comprehend everything on that study guide.

I was overwhelmed.

But, if I had broken up the study guide among the days of the week... the chances are I would've passed.

I didn't make time.

Sometimes, my prayer life is like a quiz. 
I make excuses not to pray. 
Things pile up. But there is always room for anything that is a priority. 

I sometimes don't make time for prayer.

And if we don't make time for prayer. We fail in our walk with Christ.

We will fail into sin. We will cut that relationship with Christ if we don't pray for the strength to overcome temptations and obstacles we face on a daily basis.

And how are we to pray? 

Matthew 6: 5-8: But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you. In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on street corners so that others may see them. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward.

If I had took the time to study and prepare myself for that quiz... I most definitely would have passed. If we take the time for prayer to overcome all temptations and obstacles... Christ won't let us down.


The best part is... my professor has given me the opportunity to re-take the same exact quiz.

And when our prayerlife fails... Christ in his never-ending love will welcome us back with open arms (take a look at the cross).


No comments:

Post a Comment