Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Have Been Diagnosed...

It's here already.
I have the disease.

I have senioritis.

Senioritis is defined as a senior (whether in high school or college) who is close to the finish line. In other terms, the senior is already close to graduation and has encountered laziness, not wanting to give it their all and finish.

I don't like it.
It has took a hold of me this past month.

Most seniors have encountered senioritis at one point or another.

I have had so much on my plate this past month where at times I've thrown my hands up as if given up.

I have had to deal with a failed midterm, lack of prayer life, losing a friend, and not knowing where my life is headed. 

This is nothing compared to with what Christ went through for our salvation.
 
I have a choice... to finish off strong or quit despite all the obstacles I have faced so far.

And I choose to finish off strong.

Here's the thing... I am not alone on the way to the finish line. No matter what I may be going through... I have my Lord, Jesus Christ, running with me.

We have Our Lord Jesus Christ to walk with us every step of the way.

Just as he carried His cross to Calvary, we have our own to carry. Whether that cross may be in the form of school, family, friends, or even not knowing what to do with ourselves.

He will be there every step the way...

Watch and listen to "Empty and Beautiful" by Matt Maher and empty all your worries, troubles, fears, and even your laziness as you pray this song.

Stay motivated and finish the race my brothers and sisters.

 

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the LORD, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment