Thursday, September 12, 2013

Missing the Good Life.

I miss it. Boy... do I miss it.

I had the privilege and honor of serving as a Catholic Missionary this summer in Prescott, Arizona and it was awesome.

From waking up every morning at 6:30am to preparing meals, to talking with over 100+ teens!

I fell in love with the very act of serving that I once hated.

I grew up as an "only-child." You know those children that have everything given to them? They're super spoiled and selfish? Yeah, I was one of those children. I never had a servant's heart. I hated serving others before I experienced "missionary life."

On June 16 I left for Camp Tepeyac. A Catholic camp in Prescott, Arizona. At first I didn't want no part of becoming a missionary. Even if becoming that missionary was only six weeks. I wanted no part of it.

I was convinced by two of my closest friends to take part in it. And so I did.

Biggest life changer ever.

Third day at camp, I really didn't want to be there. Why? I was on "Service Crew." Which meant that I was to take care of the restrooms, the poop house, the kitchen, the cleaning, etc. ALL THE BACKGROUND WORK. I did not want that!

I wanted to run the show. I wanted to be the show. Just as an "only child" loves. I broke out of this... I became a missionary for life, and enjoyed service.I don't know how I did it. Only by the grace of God.

"Rejoice always." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16




No comments:

Post a Comment